ECOBUY, recycle more to win more.

ECOBUY is a digital platform that helps with waste management promoting inclusive recycling and a circular economy.We designed an ecosystem where the neighbor for separating waste is rewarded with points which can be exchanged for digital coupons with discounts. The coupons are published by businesses in the city and the waste is collected by recycling cooperatives
11. Which revolution does your start-up contribute to?
Resources - circular - ecosystems
18. In which region does your start-up mainly operate?
Latam
19. In which country is your start-up head office located?
Argentina
Mentores
Galería de imagenes

¿Crees que esta idea es
positiva para el mundo?

Apoyar idea

Entrega tu apoyo a "ECOBUY, recycle more to win more."

Colabora

Regístrate o ingresa para ayudar a Pablo Rigoni Kobayashi a mejorar su propuesta.

Regístrate o ingresa para comentar esta propuesta

Regístrate o ingresa para reportar este comentario

I`m taking notes. I know that I must put together the necessary documents very well, define our roadmap, etc.
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
Hi Pablo - great to see a solution that focuses on incentivise consumer participation into socially responsible actions. Some initial questions: Who are your retailing partners to spending the coins/coupons? 60 clients/users, how many were actively using the system? (i.e. % download versus actively using the platform/redeeming the coupons) What has been the early adopter feedback? How has this been incorporated? How many daily active users are needed for the minimal viability of the platform? How many tonnes of waste were recycled over 1 month? How does the solution benefit the waste cooperatives? What is their feedback? iWhat is the benefit to the cooperatives to participate? How does the solution improve conditions for the informal sector workers? Expanding to 3 or more countries - what are the factors you are considering to scale to other countries? Which 3 countries would you choose and why? What is the reason to focus on international expansion over domestic expansion?
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
Hi Karina ! Here are my answers Who are your retailing partners to spending the coins/coupons? They are currently businesses in the city where the pilot test is being carried out. Shops of different sizes with or without branches. Later we intend that NGOs join with the publication of solidarity coupons
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
Sharing the number of independent retailers and the branded chains, as well as their brands would be helpful for a pitch deck to demonstrate you already have strong partnerships who have committed to replicating throughout the country etc. Quantifying the partnerships with independent retails can also help to measure community impact.
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
Yes, I agree . We are going to put it together but I need to add more cities to have a relevant number to show
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
apologies for bad formatting! the questions meant to be in a list :)
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
What is the reason to focus on international expansion over domestic expansion? We actually want to do both expansions at the same time. We believe that the effort to expand in Argentina is the same as in another country for which we believe that it is feasible to do it in parallel
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
That's great - is there a timeline/goal, where will you build to in a year? How many cooperatives/users etc by the end of 2022? What needs to come together to get there?
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
Our goal for the next 6 months is to have 5 cities, 500 active users, 300 businesses and at least 5 cooperatives. What we are looking for most now is a technological partner to be able to modify and improve the APP
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
That's great, having clear quantitative goals and timelines like this will help to get the ask more crisp - i.e. the type of support your are seeking right now, where it will get to you, and what it then enables.
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
Expanding to 3 or more countries - what are the factors you are considering to scale to other countries? More than anything because the problem of the low recycling rate is in the entire LATAM region due to the fact that governments do not implement successful programs for the separation and collection of Urban solid waste. Which 3 countries would you choose and why? Chile because the laws of Extended Producer Responsibility are more advanced and put more pressure on large companies to recover the waste they throw on the market. We are also interested in Uruguay because there is nothing similar and the cultural characteristics of the country are similar to that of Argentina and finally Brazil, which has a larger population than Argentina and the conditions are the same or worse with respect to social and environmental matters.
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
That's interesting, so it sounds like there will actually be quite a bit of market variance with the international expansion. Investors may need to see: 1 - what are the top 3 strengths in your existing model that will enable your replication in a new market 2 - what are the areas that will need to adapt to local market conditions 3 - how will you build the market intel for other markets, what timeline is required for your pilots? Will you do this in parallel to domestic expansion or will strengthening domestic expansion be a jumping off point for building the wider LATAM plan etc? What does this 'look like' - i.e. what funding is needed when?
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
I am going to take note of each point that you pointed, it seems to me very important in the instance when we look for investors
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
What is their feedback? The cooperatives are very enthusiastic about ECOBUY because it was difficult for them to get people to bring them waste. There were no reasons for the neighbors to do this task apart from the ecological need known to all What is the benefit to the cooperatives to participate? We were able to partner with them because it does not have a cost, they can increase the amount of waste to process and it is already separated. We also give visibility to its social role of inclusive recycling in society How does the solution improve conditions for the informal sector workers? That is the job of the cooperative. By having more amount of waste they can generate higher economic income which translates into more jobs, acquisition of machinery, improve the infrastructure of the place, etc.
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
Is there data to support this? If not, quotes /clip/interviews from cooperatives, neighbourhood and the waste industry to demonstrate this is supported by multiple stakeholders?
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
No, i don't have any material right now but is not so difficult to collect testimonials from our stakeholders
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
That'd be cool to add - it helps to build investor interest when others speak for you in this way, so that it is not only 'your word' to trust.
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
How many daily active users are needed for the minimal viability of the platform? We have to remember that our neighbors are not our monetization they have access for free. Our monetization has two stages. First, when we have a critical number of registered users and businesses, we move to a freemium business model in which businesses will be charged for publishing more than one coupon per month. On the other hand, when we have a more critical mass of users, we can charge a monthly fee to large companies (Coca-Cola, Danone, Unilever) that wish to publish coupons. How many tonnes of waste were recycled over 1 month? Currently, we do not have that value, we only have the amount of waste collected. It is one of the improvements that we must make to the MVP. How does the solution benefit the waste cooperatives? By receiving more waste, cooperatives can sell a greater volume, meaning a higher income for their economy.
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
What is the critical number of registered users and businesses? How much waste has been collected? What does that look modelled to the critical number of users? What does that look like doubled the critical number of users? Asking as these are the base stats investors would need to see.
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
Who are your retailing partners to spending the coins/coupons? They are currently businesses in the city where the pilot test is being carried out. Shops of different sizes with or without branches. Later we intend that NGOs join with the publication of solidarity coupons 60 clients/users, how many were actively using the system? (i.e. % download versus actively using the platform/redeeming the coupons) The percentage of active use of the platform is about 90% / 95%. Either way, it is not very relevant data as it has little time for the pilot test. What has been the early adopter feedback? How has this been incorporated? The early adopters are very satisfied with the platform. They would like to see more coupon offers but we understand that it is a gradual growth. The incorporation of new users comes from the hand of communication by the municipality and also by the businesses that are already publishing coupons. They both want this to grow in user numbers
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
Per earlier comment on sharing the names of retailers :)
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años
Hello, welcome to 4Revs Open Innovation Challenge 2021! Thanks for participating and helping humanity solve one of the four survival challenges in one generation. Share your proposal with everybody and get as many votes as you can. Remember you have until September 8 to edit your information.
Responder
Reportar
hace 2 años

¿Crees que esta idea es
positiva para el mundo?

Apoyar idea

Entrega tu apoyo a "ECOBUY, recycle more to win more."

4Revs Innovation Challenge 2021

Helping humanity solve its main survival challenges in one generation (2020-2050)

Participar Propuestas