Promoting Isle Voting System in the Region.

Isle Voting System is a revolutionary and innovative electronic voting system which promises a number of benefits including but not limited to the following:
1. Facilitation of the differently able and illiterate voters to realize their constitutional right to vote in secrecy without the aid of a proxy.
2. The elimination of rejected ballots which threatens democracy in the region as the votes of some electors are not tabulated in the final results. In their last elections both Saint Lucia and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines decided on quite a number of parliamentary seats with winning margins that were lower than the rejected ballots count in those polling districts.
3. Reduction of the overall cost of elections by more than fifty percent (50%). Such a feat should be welcomed by low budget Caribbean countries that require electronic voting but don't have the critical mass to make economic sense out of the electronic voting options that are available on the market.
Nombre de la organización
BITbyBIT and Associates
Página web de la organización
www.bitbybitandassociates.com
Tipo de organización
Private Sector
Galería de imagenes

¿Crees que esta idea es
positiva para el mundo?

Apoyar idea

Entrega tu apoyo a "Promoting Isle Voting System in the Region."

Colabora

Regístrate o ingresa para ayudar a Amatus Edwards a mejorar su propuesta.

Regístrate o ingresa para comentar esta propuesta

Regístrate o ingresa para reportar este comentario

My only concern with this program is not being sure of the online voting process being accompanied by a physical tape which would verify numbers and voters. My concern stems out of the Florida experience during the presidency of Bush. This being stated I fully sup[port any system which will make voting easier and accessible to all.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
This an extraordinary effort ensuring that every vote counts. Moreover, the right to vote has and should always be a right, and not a means of abridging citizens effort to ensure democracy. Furthermore, any system that improves voting is vital to the electoral process, and therefore, allow for transparency and decreases shenanigans allowing for balance and fairness. And finally, this is such an exciting opportunity for our citizens which could improve our lost trust for the current process.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
Every effort should be made to ensure that every Citizen is given the opportunity to exercise their right to vote. Since the current system is incapable of ensuring this right, then we should be willing to explore alternative means to guarantee this right. The electronic voting system appears to provide a level playing field to the saint Lucian electorate, so we should hasten to implement it.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
This represents the new dawn in our election process. Let's go for it.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
I wish to endorse the adoption of this revolutionary and innovative electronic voting system. Local innovation and the use of technology in improving the reliability and efficiency of processes must be encouraged. For too long we have advocated for the adoption of local innovation and creativity as one of the strategies for addressing our socio-economic challenges. Here is a perfect opportunity for putting paid to this advocacy. It is worth repeating, let's support local solutions!
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
I would love to see St Lucia and the rest of the Caribbean enter the 21st century by adopting this technology and rolling out the necessary public education campaign. Having worked as a Presuding Officer in the last 2 elections in St Lucia, a manual process of voting opens the probability of higher human error and subjectivity.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
St.Lucia as well as the rest of the Caribbean and by extension other regions stand to gain from this revolutionizing initiative. However the masses needs to be well informed on the initiative, its rationale and benefits.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
What I like about this approach is that while it seeks to solve problems that developed countries are also grappling with, it does this, not by using "high tech" methods, but through innovation and openness. This helps deal with issues such as spoilt ballots, disadvantaged and physically challenged users, while avoiding the problems such as "Gore vs Bush, 2000" due to black-box style voting machines. Due to complete transparency, such a system can be considered for acceptance, pending review.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
One significant benefit of this electronic voting system is the possibility that it provides improved accessibility for our disable voters. They will be able to cast their votes privately and independently. I also believe that we should trust the results because it allows for a process that is so transparent, secured and safe. The paper ballots are printed out as a backup so any discrepancies between the electronic count and the paper count can be easily verified.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
Jone Henrye, thanks for that comment. I just could not have said it better. Someone told me yesterday that the "security of the system is in its transparency". Its dual recording and tabulating system makes it transparent and secure.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
This is a great initiative Amatus. It is time we caught on.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
I think Electronic voting is a great innovation as it seems to eliminate most if not all of the "headachy" issues that exist in the current voting system thus enabling each and every eligible voter an opportunity to cast his/her vote ensuring a fair electoral outcome. This new system should be promoted and introduced throughout the entire Caribbean area.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
Helping bring St Lucia into the modern age with an Electronic voting system is the way to go. This is something that is ongoing in the Uk. I wish the project well and Amatus Edward's work in bringing this to fruition.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
Thank you Babs. We are not going to relent.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
I support this technology for the Caribbean and the world because it assures privacy in voting especially for the differently able and illiterate voters, eliminates rejected ballots and reduces the overall cost of elections.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
I think this is a very good initiative. To make it succeed there will need to be a lot of education to build trust in its implementation given the sensitive nature of the problems which will be solved by this. The generation of a paper ballot which the voter can confirm represents her/his mark and allowing both the paper and electronic system to show consistently that the same result is obtained on either will build trust and allow transition gradually to a fully electronic system.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
Secondly, given the fact that it prints a paper ballot in confirmation of the onscreen selection removes the need to TRUST the system. There is nothing really to trust there. After an election the system produces the preliminary results while the printed ballots are counted manually to confirm the system's results.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
Thanks a lot Mr. St. Catherine and yes the system does produce a Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail which the voter detaches from the system and places it into a physical ballot box after he or she has confirmed its congruence with the onscreen selection.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
I support further research and trial runs of this electronic voting system with the objective of reducing spoilt ballots
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
For many years elections in the Caribbean have used manual methods to record and tabulate the votes. After every election cycle we have witnessed a large number of spoilt ballots. While no detailed study on the impact of these spoilt ballots have been conducted it may very well mean that the will of the people are continuously being frustrated because of these spoilt ballots. This new system by Amatus Edwards perhaps may be one way of preventing spoilt ballots if used properly.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
I support the introduction of e- voting in Saint Lucia for two reasons. First, the system will not waste time between casting votes and counting votes. It will eliminate the long period of uncertainty and reduce time for animosity which occurs between voters on opposite sides. Second, the system will allow some voters who because of disability, age, writing skills, body impairment, etc to place their votes where required and not be rejected. I recommend the new system and salute it's Innovator.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
This system of voting is long awaited. This is the way to go. My full support for electronic voting. This is 2016 not 2006.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
This system basically eliminates spoilt ballots and I fully support this. My only concern is that the paper quality must be such which will not have the print fadeaway as some receipts from the supermarkets. This should be easily resolved and ensure a reliable system
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
Of Course Mr. Mangal, the paper quality is a variable at the control of the target election authority.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
The time has come for us to do away with this hackneyed and error prone system. it is time we use a system that will not only eliminate" spoil votes ' which really did not give the voter a chance to influence the outcome, but also to allow people to vote in secrecy. This system is efficient and is very reliable. I trust that it will be given the opportunity and due recognition to enhance the electoral process.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
In this day and age everything seems to be computerized. But why not voting? Whatever the reasons, voting has moved into the future with this noble undertaking by Mr. Amatus Edwards and his company BitbyBit and Associates. I applaud the vision, wisdom and effort to bring this to fruition. May the powers that be here, also see its utility and provide the necessary funding, resources and any other requests for help to this innovator and his company. May this start a global movement to e-voting.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
R Benson Evans, you are correct. We believe that our ability to simplify Electronic Voting and run on off the shelf hardware will start a global movement. We don't expect to find huge and expensive custom hardware serving Electronic Voting Systems. Thanks for your support.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
Bush vs Gore 2000, Florida. Let that be our lesson. We never found out what the people of Florida really wanted. Inferior technology leading to inadequate data integrity and security, lowered the people's voice. You see we speak through ballot boxes, but archaic manual systems sometimes muzzle us. Let the people be heard. Maybe the most important piece of information that we have is: what we want as a collective in a democracy. Let's give this information the respect that it deserves.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
It is so wonderful to see creativity in such a progressive innovation from a creative genius Honourable Edward To have this voting system for the upcoming general election and availableavailable for other ones in the region would be indeed a Proud moment to be a St Lucian.. It is an honour to have met Amatus and seeing the system at work is lightening fas,t efficient and user friendly.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
Definately a step in the right direction to modernize and updgrade the voting process. In St Lucia and the Caribbean region. This will unambiguously be able to capture the intent of voters....in a realiable and accurate manner...I support the effort ...
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
I think this technology will address the issues and challenges associated with the inordinately high count (35%) of spoilt ballots and the resultant disproportionality in representation. Simplifying the process and making it failsafe would contribute to the democratic process by restoring credibility.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
I fully endorse and support this initiative which promotes innovation and efficiency in our voting process! Great initiative Amatus .
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
This is not just about the project. This is about supporting the creative and imaginative minds of developing countries. Bold and timely.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
The time is opportune for us to move away from the archaic into the speed of this time and Ilse Voting System is here to do just that. Having experience the process myself it has my 100% backing.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
The most reliable and impartial comments are made by those who physically tested this new system, which assisted in overcoming personal setbacks, when casting an election ballot. Their testimony should be a valuable and accurate metric on the way forward for this system, for if it assisted them, it can have an immeasurable positive impact on the results of general elections for us all. Once in a while a new invention becomes a game changer and I think this is St. Lucia's "Game Changer".
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
This is a brilliant idea, it's paperless, no need for a recount because it efficient and accurate. It's about time St Lucia move ahead with the times.. I'm for this new voting toll 100%.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
Here is a System with • 0% spoil votes • Saves time and money • Results in record time This is a great tool for St. Lucia, the Caribbean and the World. I endorse it 100%, that's the way to go Isle Voting System.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
Ground breaking and revolutionary! This is a watershed moment for us to once and for all eliminate the perennial deficiencies afflicting our existing voting system in the Caribbean. Even politians as well as electorates have been clamouring for a new an more efficient system free of human intervention in the actual voting process. This system will certainly answer this call.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
I think this technology will address most of the usual issues and challenges associated with voting. In our region, elections are events of significant importance. Simplifying the process and making it more inclusive is the way of the future. We should embrace it.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
This is the ultimate voting system. I approve it 100%.
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
A way for illiterate voters to have a say, elimination of rejected ballots to be able to provide an accurate representation of the country's political preference
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años
I Believe that this voting system will do great justice around the Caribbean n around the world in the future so It should be given the opportunity to prove itself out there!
Responder
Reportar
hace 7 años

¿Crees que esta idea es
positiva para el mundo?

Apoyar idea

Entrega tu apoyo a "Promoting Isle Voting System in the Region."

Escalamientos Frida 2016

Apoyando a emprendimientos que buscan escalar soluciones tecnológicas con fines sociales.

Participar Propuestas